OMG, Peanut Butter and Chocolate! The most divine combination. Gooey, chocolaty, melt-in-your-mouth smooth, and oh-so yummy! These are so easy to make and require no baking. Just a few simple ingredients and you are done. So, if last-minute guests announce themselves or you get a longing for a bit of chocolate……look no further!
Makes 12 -16 balls
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 0
1cup chunky peanut butter
1cup soft medjool dates, pitted
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup sliced almonds
½ tsp. vanilla extract, alcohol-free
¼ tsp. cinnamon
Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes for finishing
- Line work space with parchment paper or silpat mat
- Add sliced almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times to break down almonds into smaller pieces, remove
- Add dates to food processor and pulse until fairly smooth, scrape down sides.
- Add peanut butter, cocoa powder, raisins, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pulse until a ball forms.
- Scape mixture onto parchment paper and knead into a ball. Divide ball into 4 segments.
- Break off small pieces and roll into small balls.
- Makes about 12 to 16 balls depending on size
- Spread a small amount of coconut flakes onto your workspace and roll balls around until lightly coated.
- Let set in refrigerator approx. 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Chunky almond butter would work well in this recipe instead of peanut butter.
- If dates seem to dry, soak them for about 30 minutes in water. Drain and add to recipe.
- I keep a box of latex-free gloves in my kitchen and wear a pair for this recipe.