I was listening to an interview with Jennifer Marano, DC, co-founder of TrueNorth Health Center in Santa Rosa when she was asked by interviewer Chef AJ what her favorite food was. Ms. Marano answered: “a bowl of just cooked brown rice”. I have to admit, I can sooo relate to this. I, too, love a bowl of just cooked brown rice (basmati is my favorite). Just plain brown rice, nothing on it. Oh, it’s so nutty and yummy. Although my absolute favorite food is a freshly baked Japanese sweet potato.
Are you wondering, if I am going to get to the point, or better yet , the recipe? OK, here it is is. After posting the recipe for the Roasted Cauliflower Crema, I heard from several of you, how much you liked it. So, this got me thinking: brown rice AND roasted cauliflower crema put together in one dish! I tried and really liked it and wanted to share it here.
Very simple and simply delicious. Enjoy!
- Cook brown rice according to your cooking method (I use my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker at manual for 22 minutes, Natural Pressure Release)
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high, add leeks and dry-sauté for 4-5 minutes until leeks have nicely softened. If necessary add a little water to prevent sticking.
- Add cooked rice to leeks and stir to combine for about a minute
- Add Roasted Cauliflower Crema to mixture and stir well
- Add vegetable broth and stir well, making sure the crema is well incorporated into the rice. Adjust with more broth or water to your taste.
- Add lemon juice and parsley. Stir and let cook through for about a minute
- Serve asap. Enjoy!