Any potato lovers out there? This casserole is super simple with great flavor. Just potatoes, Oh-So-Un-Cheeze Sauce, peas and a generous sprinkle of smoked paprika. If you are cooking for one, this casserole will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator, if it lasts this long! Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes (includes boiling potatoes)
1 3/4 – 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (I err on the larger amount and use the left over potatoes for snacks or other dishes), scrubbed, skin on (optional)
1 batch Oh-So-Un-Cheeze Sauce
1 3/4 cups of frozen peas, thawed
- Scrub potatoes and boil (or steam) them until just fork tender, approx. 13-15 minutes. Make sure, not to over cook them or they become too mushy and will not slice well. When done, drain potatoes and run cold water over them to stop cooking.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Make one batch of Oh-So-Un-Cheeze Sauce
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them length wise into thin slices. Layer them in such a way that they are just slightly overlapping. Arrange in the following layers:
- 1) potatoes
- 2) sauce
- 3) peas
- 4) potatoes
- 5) sauce
- 8) sauce
- 9) sprinkle with smoked paprika
- Cover casserole and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Lest rest for a few minutes and serve.