This pasta salad is a great addition to any (summer) potluck, wether as a main course or a side dish. Carrots give it some crunch, corn and peas a touch of sweetness, balanced by slightly salty olives and a bit of a kick (or more, if you like) by sprinkling in some tabasco sauce. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10-13 minutes
2 cups dry whole grain pasta (I like wholewheat rotini pasta)
1/4 cup Oil-Free Balsamic Dressing
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen, thawed
1 cup peas, frozen, thawed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 medium carrots, sliced in half, and then thinly sliced into half moons
1/2 cup (4-5) scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
½ cup pitted kalamata olives (oil-free), sliced
Tabasco to taste (a few sprinkles)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and very briefly rinse with cold water.
- Place pasta into a medium serving bowl and add dressing. Toss gently and add a few drops of tabasco. (start slow, you can always add more)
- Add remaining ingredients, toss well again.
- Adjust to taste with more dressing and tabasco.
- Let marinate for at least an hour before serving.
Sometimes I like to add 1 1/2 cups of cooked garbanzo beans (or use 1 15-oz, no-salt-added, BPA-free can, drained & rinsed) for variety