This recipe comes together very quickly. So, if you stock your pantry with a few cans of Hearts of Palm, lunch and/or dinner can be ready in 25 minutes. I can’t believe how delicious this tastes: smoky, spicy and soo yummy. After I took this photo, I sat right down and ate the whole burger. Just like that! For large appetites (like mine) this recipe just makes enough for two. Enjoy, over and over again!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 cans of 14 oz whole hearts of palm, drained & rinsed
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. chili powder blend*
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat
- Over a medium bowl pull apart the hearts of palm with your hands, so they look shredded and “pulled”.
- Mix all the spices together and then pour over the hearts of palm.
- Toss well; to make sure spices coat hearts of palm evenly.
- Spread pulled hearts of palm in a single layer onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly crisp and slightly browned.
- Use with condiments on a whole grain bun, in a wrap or on your favorite bread, or eat it as is. Enjoy!
Chili Powder Blend*
The original recipe is from rouxbe.com:
- 2 Tbsp. paprika (I use smoked paprika)
- 2 tsp. oregano (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
Thoroughly mix and store in airtight container.
Recipe inspired by Vegan Bowl Attack