If you are looking for comfort food in a hurry, this is it. Toss all your sauce ingredients into a blender, cook your pasta and thaw out your peas. Mix it all together, serve it right away or bake it. How easy is that? And did I mention, oh sooo delicious?
Prep time: 20 minutes (need baked sweet potato)
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
12 oz. of whole grain pasta (I used about ¾ package of elbows)
1 cup of peas, frozen, thawed
1 batch of Un-Cheeze Sauce
Smoked paprika for sprinkling (optional)
Extra nutritional yeast for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Make 1 batch of Un-Cheeze sauce
- Cook pasta according to package direction
- Drain pasta and stir into medium bowl
- Add peas and mix
- Add batch of Un-Cheeze sauce and mix thoroughly
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking dish
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and nutritional yeast, if using
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until slightly crusty on top. Enjoy!
- If you have a high-speed blender, continue blending the Un-Cheeze sauce until nice and warm (approx.2-3) minutes.
- Cook your pasta, drain and return to pot, along with the peas
- Add the warm sauce, stir to mix well and serve immediately.
- If you like, you can sprinkle a little fresh, chopped parsley on each serving