I love adding grains to my salad. It turns a salad into lunch or dinner in a snap. Farro is one of my favorite grains. It is so nutty, chewy and delicious. It pairs nicely with the peppery arugula, especially with the addition of fennel and blueberries. The below portions are guidelines, decide how much you want to enjoy of this tasty salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 (need cooked farro)
1 cup cooked farro
2 cups baby arugula
½ cup fennel, very thinly shaved
½ medium carrot, very thinly sliced
Handful of blueberries
Oil-free balsamic dressing, to taste
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- In a medium or large bowl, depending on how many servings you are making, combine arugula, fennel, carrots, blueberries, balsamic dressing and fresh lemon juice.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Add cooked farro and fold into salad.
- Adjust with dressing and lemon juice to taste.
- I cook the rinsed farro in my Instant Pot on Multigrain setting. Ratio: 1 cup farro to 1 ½ cups water.
- I use a mandolin to shave my fennel and carrot. Make sure you wear a protective glove when using a mandolin.
- Recipe for Oil-free Balsamic Dressing .