These muffins are so easy and quick to make. Super tasty with no added sugar or flour. Bananas and applesauce give sweetness, oats provide whole grain substance. A little crunchy on the outside, but smooth and soft on the inside. Have these on hand for breakfast or as a dessert and make a bunch for traveling.
Makes 9 to 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ large, very ripe bananas, peeled & broken into chunks
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 15 oz. pure pumpkin puree (make sure NOT to buy pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups (I use parchment paper cups)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Blend well.
- To a food processor add bananas, applesauce, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Process until everything is incorporated. (I don’t mind having the bananas a tiny bit chunky.)
- Add wet mixture to oat mixture. Quickly fold to combine.
- Evenly scoop (I use an ice cream scoop) muffin mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit in muffin tin before removing. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Banana Oat Muffins”
I made these today. You must have larger muffin tins than mine. My batch made 12. Dense, chewy, very good. I’d like a few chopped nuts added and more cinnamon next time.
Anne, so glad you liked them. My tins are on the large side. Good to know, you made 12. Will adjust recipe :-) And yes, some nuts and maybe some dried cranberries would be also very nice.