These muffins are so easy and quick to make. Super tasty with no added sugar or flour. Bananas and applesauce give sweetness, oats provide whole grain substance. A little crunchy on the outside, but smooth and soft on the inside. Have these on hand for breakfast or as a dessert and make a bunch for traveling.
Makes 9 to 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ large, very ripe bananas, peeled & broken into chunks
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 15 oz. pure pumpkin puree (make sure NOT to buy pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups (I use parchment paper cups)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Blend well.
- To a food processor add bananas, applesauce, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Process until everything is incorporated. (I don’t mind having the bananas a tiny bit chunky.)
- Add wet mixture to oat mixture. Quickly fold to combine.
- Evenly scoop (I use an ice cream scoop) muffin mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit in muffin tin before removing. Enjoy!