If you are looking for a creamy, smooth, melt-in-your mouth condiment to dress up your veggies, grains or pasta, this cauliflower crema is for you. Just a few ingredients and you got deliciousness in no time. Enjoy!
Makes 1 ¼ cup
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 3 minutes
1 cup hot water
½ head of a large cauliflower, cut into florets (approx. 4 cups or a 12 oz bag of pre-cut florets)
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. of cayenne (or less, this has quite a kick to it)
Reserved cooking liquid (optional)
- Add 1 cup of hot water and cauliflower florets to the Instant Pot.
- Add lid and close. Make sure the steam valve is set to sealing.
- Press manual button and adjust timer to 3 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, carefully release the pressure. (Instant Pressure Release) and open the Instant Pot, making sure to hold the lid away from you.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Carefully transfer cauliflower florets to the high-speed blender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Starting at a low speed, increase to high and blend until creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Consistency will be quite thick like cream. If you like it to be more of a thinner sauce, add reserved cooking liquid to your desired consistency.
If you are not using the Instant Pot, you can steam the cauliflower on the stove top for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft. Carefully drain and reserve cooking liquid.
(Disclosure: I do not receive any compensation whatsoever for endorsing this appliance.)